Every school, every student.
Every parent wants a high-quality education for their children, one that goes beyond the basics to include art, music, science, electives and more. But even in a good economy, tax dollars do not fund these vital programs: schools must rely on philanthropic dollars.
MVEF is an independent nonprofit that raises money for the Mountain View Whisman School District. This year, we will support nearly $700,000 in educational programs – $100,000 more than last year.
Why the increase? Because our students deserve more, and we can do better.
We need every family to donate so that we can not only continue to fund the art, music, hands-on science, and environmental education programs everyone expects, but also:
- Increase the number of art and music class sessions by 30% over last year
- Expand art and music classes to transitional kindergarten classes
- Expand Living Classroom garden-based lessons to two additional grades, and now offer academically-relevant classes from TK to fourth grade
- Build on the fourth grade leadership workshops by offering advanced leadership for fifth grade students
- Send every eighth grade student on a five-day, immersive environmental education field trip to Yosemite National Park, regardless of the student’s financial situation
As you can see on the full list of supported programs, MVEF pays for programs that benefit every student, at every school,
Whether you can donate at the suggested donation of $500 per student, at the key donor level of $1500, or support MVEF with a donation of $25 -- please know that every dollar counts!